Sunday, November 7, 2010

DIY: Bridal Shower Centerpiece

Today was my cousin's bridal shower. As a bridesmaid I had the 'honor' of helping out with the Bridal Shower. I volunteered to make the centerpieces, after remembering that a friend of mine had made some for her sister's shower.

Here was my inspiration, that I came across on google images.

They are called Towel Centerpieces. After watching a few YouTube videos, I have to admit I became nervous. I was worried that I had agreed to do the impossible. I am by NO means a 'crafty' person, so I must have had way too many mimosas at the brunch where I volunteered to make them.

Here was my first trial, based on using towels I had at home and some beads from last years St. Patty's day:




Needless to say, it wasn't that pretty. But, it was nothing that a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond and Michael's couldn't fix. .

Each centerpiece had to have 3 different size towels: a bath towel, a hand towel & a wash cloth. Each towel was rolled and pins and tape were used to hold it together. They were then stacked on top of one another. The color scheme for my cousin's shower was pink & chocolate brown. I used brown/pink ribbon and hot pink roses to decorate.

Check out the final products!



Aren't they nice? They were a HIT. We played a game and one person from each table won it as a prize =)

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love this idea!

    Following along. Check out my blog at www.classicpuppylove.blogspot.com. :-)

    miss puppy love

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOO Cute! I am totally not having a bridal shower but ideas like this make me wish i was!

    Welcome to blogging and happy planning!

    ReplyDelete